CONTEST: Like Obvious Child? Send a Selfie or Tweet to Win Swag!
We are so excited about the romantic comedy Obvious Child that we’re hosting a giveaway contest. The reason? It's obvious. In the movie, protagonist Donna Stern (stand-up comedian Jenny Slate) has an abortion — without bursting into flames as punishment. Shocker! Donna does note, however, that she’s less like an angel on top of a Christmas tree and more like “the menorah on top of the tree that burns it down.” We’ll take it.
This long-overdue film rocks the sweet spot of real-life humor surrounding difficult decisions. That makes us HEART Obvious Child. Moreover, it’s an important step toward eliminating the shame and stigma surrounding decisions about a woman’s pregnancy — and helping people have honest conversations with their family and friends about abortion.
Do you love the movie as much as we do? Then tweet to prove it! If we pick your post, we’ll send you some official movie swag.
Here’s What to Do
- Tweet any words, photos, or videos showing why you love Obvious Child, how you support it, or what its message means to you at @PPact, with #ObviousChild and #ContestEntry.
- Do it by Wednesday, July 2, at midnight.
- Make sure you include @PPact with #ObviousChild and #ContestEntry.
- Seriously, if you don’t have our handle and the two hashtags, we won’t give you stuff. And we know you like stuff.
- Win stuff! Planned Parenthood will do a random drawing of 20 posts on Thursday, July 3. If we pick your tweet, video, or photo, then you win.
Tell the Contestents What They've Won!
If we randomly select your post, you can win any of these lovely prizes:
- One of five “one-night stand kits,” which contain a condom, aspirin, hair tie, lip balm, and gum in a cute bag that reads: “DON’T PLAY RUSSIAN ROULETTE WITH YOUR VAGINA.” Wise words.
- One of five ank tops that read either “Obvious Child” or “peed in every pool I’ve ever been in.” Your choice.
- One of 10 Obvious Child official movie posters.
But Planned Parenthood, I’m Still Confused
Read our official contest rules, and check out these examples to get your creative juices flowing:
- Tweet a pic of your movie ticket stub and why the film's message is empowering @PPact, with the hashtags #ObviousChild and #ContestEntry.
- Seeing the movie with friends? Get together in front of the theater for a shot of you all, with a description of why you are excited about seeing the movie. Remember to tag it with @PPact, #ObviousChild, and #ContestEntry.
- Just tell us why you , or why you think it is an important film. What else? Oh yeah: @PPact and #ContestEntry.
Still hungry for more? Watch our exclusive featurette.
blog comments powered by Disqus
El ataque en el video sobre Planned Parenthood también es un ataque a mujeres como Yo
July 24, 2015
Pro-Women's Health Politicians Call For Investigation Into Anti-Abortion Organization
July 23, 2015
A Decade-Long Campaign of Illegal Harassment Against Planned Parenthood
July 20, 2015
Cecile Richards Responds to Latest Video Smear Attack
July 16, 2015
The Video Attack on Planned Parenthood is Also an Attack on Women Like Me
July 16, 2015