Cuccinelli Can’t Run from His Record on Restricting Birth Control
Category: Birth Control
At a campaign event, Virginia gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli was asked if, as governor, would he "support and sign personhood legislation that contains restrictions on birth control medication and birth control devices."
Cuccinelli’s response? "I've never supported legislation that invades people's choices about contraception.”
How about when you:
- co-sponsored so called “personhood” legislation that, if enacted could interfere with personal, private, medical decisions relating to birth control, access to fertility treatment, management of a miscarriage, and access to safe and legal abortion;
- voted against legislation clarifying that birth control was not a form of abortion (TWICE);
- co-sponsored a bill that would require parents of teenagers to be notified every time they sought information or treatment for STDs or contraception — violating their right to privacy;
- supported letting your boss decide whether you can get access to affordable birth control—even suggesting people should be willing to “go to jail” to fight expanding access to birth control; and
- said that birth control with no co-pay is a “sterilization mandate” and an example of tyranny.
You’ll have to forgive us, if we’re a little shocked that Cuccinelli has suddenly said he never supported legislation that interfered with people’s personal medical decisions, it seems like he’s made a career of it. No matter how hard he tries, Cuccinelli can’t run from his record — and we won’t let him.
Communications regarding the VA Governor’s race on this site are paid for by Planned Parenthood Votes, and authorized by Terry McAuliffe, candidate for Governor.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Republicans Calling Off a Vote on the 20-Week Abortion Ban Shows a Crack in the GOP’s Anti-Abortion Agenda
January 28, 2015
Our Generation, Our Health Care
January 27, 2015
Abortion Opponents Using Every Trick in the Book to Block Construction of a New Planned Parenthood Health Center in New Orleans
January 27, 2015
Gynotician of Roe v. Wade Week: Senator Lindsey Graham
January 26, 2015
Happy 42nd Anniversary, Roe: We Have a Win for You — But It’s Wrapped in Your Opponents’ Threats
January 22, 2015