What We Do
CLERGY STATEMENTS from the Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) Clergy Advocacy Board
46 Years of the Clergy Service on Abortion
- The PPFA Clergy Advocacy Board remembers with thanksgiving the members of the Clergy Consultation Service on Abortion who struggled for reproductive freedom in an effort to realize the sacred vision of a truly just society.
Religious Pluralism and Women's Health
- As clergy representing diverse denominations and faith traditions, we find common ground in our respect for a woman's ability to make her own personal health care decisions without political or government intrusion.
- A woman should never feel ashamed or judged when making the deeply personal and often complex decision about whether to choose adoption, end a pregnancy, or raise a child.
- As clergy, we have a responsibility to remind our congregations, our communities, and our elected leaders that our religious traditions view the body and our physical world as a sacred arena in which God acts.
So-Called 'Crisis Pregnancy Centers'
- The PPFA Clergy Advocacy Board strongly opposes so-called “crisis pregnancy centers” because of the biased and often inaccurate and misleading information they provide to women seeking honest information about birth control and abortion.