Michelle Steel is
WRONG for Choice
Proven anti-choice voting record
100% rating from the California Pro-Life Council
A+ grade on the Susan B. Anthony List, an anti-abortion organization
Vote for Choice,
Vote for Chen
Endorsed by Planned Parenthood
Trusts women to make their own decisions
Committed to protecting and expanding abortion access
Congressional District 45 Considered "Toss-up"
The race for the Congressional District 45 seat is considered a “toss-up," meaning it is highly competitive and will play a vital role in determining the house majority. [Read More]
The last day to vote in the upcoming General Election Tuesday, November 8, 2022.
Who Is Jay Chen?
A child of immigrants from Taiwan, Jay Chen grew up attending public school, and eventually earned a Marine Corps NROTC scholarship to attend Harvard University where he graduated with honors.
A Lieutenant Commander in the U.S. Naval Reserves, Jay Chen led an intelligence team and brought justice to the terror group ISIS. He also aided in the military’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic in the Middle East.
He is a Trustee of Mt. San Antonio Community College, and owns a small business.
Taking On Extremist Incumbent Michelle Steel
Jay Chen is running against extremist incumbent Michelle Steel who has an A+ grade on the Susan B. Anthony List, and a 100% rating from the California Pro-Life Council, for her anti-choice views and voting record.
Michelle Steel’s Voting Record
- Co-sponsored the Right to Life Act which, if passed, would be a national abortion ban.
- Voted AGAINST the Ensuring Access to Abortion Act of 2022 which would prohibit anyone acting under state law from interfering with a person's ability to access out-of-state abortion services.
- Voted AGAINST the Women’s Health Protection Act of 2021 and 2022 which would prohibit governmental restrictions on the provision of, and access to, abortion services.
- Voted AGAINST the Right to Contraception Act which would protect a person’s ability to access contraceptives and to engage in contraception, and to protect a health care provider’s ability to provide contraceptives, contraception, and information related to contraception.
- Voted AGAINST the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2021 which would amend the Violence Against Women Act to expand transgender rights, protections for survivors of domestic violence, and restrict certain gun ownership.
- Voted AGAINST the Equality Act which would prohibit discrimination based on sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity in areas including public accommodations and facilities, education, federal funding, employment, housing, credit, and the jury system.
- Voted AGAINST the Respect for Marriage Act which would provide statutory authority for same-sex and interracial marriages.
Are You Registered to Vote?
Be sure you’re registered so that you can vote in the General Election. Remember, if you’ve recently moved, or recently changed your name, you will need to update your voter registration.
Pro-Choice Voter Guide
The Community Action Fund of Planned Parenthood of Orange & San Bernardino Counties has endorsed more candidates than ever for the 2022 General Election. From federal races to statewide races, and even local school district and city council races, this guide will help you to elect leaders at all levels of government who will fight to protect the right to make personal health care decisions.
Paid for by Planned Parenthood of Orange & San Bernardino Counties’ Community Action Fund PAC (www.CommunityActionFund.org). Not authorized or paid for by any candidate or candidate’s committee.