Vote for Choice,
Vote for Dr. Asif Mahmood
Dr. Asif Mahmood is running for Congress in California’s 40th District in the upcoming General Election. The last day to vote is Tuesday, November 8, 2022.
A practicing physician of more than twenty years, Dr. Asif Mahmood has seen first hand the difficulty patients face when deciding whether or not to end a pregnancy.
He has made clear that in Congress, he will work to expand reproductive health care access and ensure that medical decisions are made by a patient and their doctor—not by the government. Dr. Asif Mahmood will not stand by silently while blatant attacks on women’s rights spread across the nation.
Are You Registered to Vote?
Be sure you’re registered so that you can vote in the General Election. Remember, if you’ve recently moved, or recently changed your name, you will need to update your voter registration.
Who Is Dr. Asif Mahmood?
Dr. Asif Mahmood is an internal medicine and pulmonary disease physician. In his years of practice, he has never once charged an uninsured patient for services.
Appointed by Governor Gavin Newsom and confirmed by the California State Senate, Dr. Asif Mahmood is also a member of the Medical Board of California.
Dr. Mahmood has previously served as a member of the board of directors of the East Los Angeles College Foundation and the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF), United States Western Region.
He currently serves on the California Medical Board and on the board of the Valley Rescue Mission, the largest homeless shelter in Southern California, and is the chair of the Organization for Social Media Safety which fights against cyber-bullying and cyber-exploitation of children.
Taking On Extremist Incumbent Young Kim
Dr. Asif Mahmood is running against extremist incumbent Young Kim who has 100% ratings from both the California Pro-Life Council and the National Right to Life Committee, for her anti-choice views and voting record.
Young Kim’s Voting Record
- Voted AGAINST the Ensuring Access to Abortion Act of 2022 which would prohibit anyone acting under state law from interfering with a person's ability to access out-of-state abortion services.
- Voted AGAINST the Women’s Health Protection Act of 2021 and 2022 which would prohibit governmental restrictions on the provision of, and access to, abortion services.
- Voted AGAINST the Right to Contraception Act which would protect a person’s ability to access contraceptives and to engage in contraception, and to protect a health care provider’s ability to provide contraceptives, contraception, and information related to contraception.
- Voted AGAINST the Equality Act which would prohibit discrimination based on sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity in areas including public accommodations and facilities, education, federal funding, employment, housing, credit, and the jury system.
- Voted AGAINST the Respect for Marriage Act which would provide statutory authority for same-sex and interracial marriages.
Pro-Choice Voter Guide
The Community Action Fund of Planned Parenthood of Orange & San Bernardino Counties has endorsed more candidates than ever for the 2022 General Election. From federal races to statewide races, and even local school district and city council races, this guide will help you to elect leaders at all levels of government who will fight to protect the right to make personal health care decisions.
Paid for by Planned Parenthood of Orange & San Bernardino Counties’ Community Action Fund PAC (www.CommunityActionFund.org). Not authorized or paid for by any candidate or candidate’s committee.