Jenny Lawson, executive director of Planned Parenthood Votes:
“Simply put, Dan Lipinski’s votes put him far out of step with the people who live in his district. At a time when access to abortion is hanging by a thread, Illinois’ 3rd district can’t afford a representative who is using his position of power to try and ‘defund’ Planned Parenthood, potentially leaving thousands of patients without a place to go for essential services like STI testing and birth control. That’s why Planned Parenthood Votes is so proud to be fighting for Marie Newman, who has never faltered in her commitment to protect and expand our access to care. The people of Illinois deserve a champion they can count on to protect their rights — every time, and no matter what. Lipinski: We’ll see you at the ballot box."
As we near the primary election day in IL-03, Planned Parenthood Votes will continue to call attention to Dan Lipinski’s record of putting reproductive rights at risk:
- Lipinski voted seven times to “defund” Planned Parenthood, leaving thousands of patients without a place to go for essential services, like STI testing, cancer screenings and birth control.
- Lipinski was the only Illinois Democrat to vote against the Affordable Care Act in 2010, which provided coverage to over 1.1 million Illinoisians and extended protections to more than 5 million Illinoisians with pre-existing conditions. Lipinski has also spoken out against the ACA’s provision to expand coverage to birth control to people across the country.
- Lipinski joined his most extreme colleagues in filing a court brief urging the Supreme Court to consider overturning the right to safe and legal abortion established in Roe v. Wade.
- Lipinski has long battled against allowing federal funds to cover abortion services, a barrier to care that disproportionately impacts people with low incomes and people of color in his district who need an abortion.
- Lipinski attended a gala for Susan B. Anthony List and is a regular speaker at the March for Life, and has taken tens of thousands of dollars from pro-life groups to get elected.
Planned Parenthood Votes is an independent expenditure political committee registered with the Federal Election Commission.
Paid for by Planned Parenthood Votes, 123 William St., NY, NY, 10038.
Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.