Thank you for your interest in employment and internship opportunities at PPESA. Current open position(s):
Volunteer Graphic Designer:
Put your eye for design to work for reproductive rights! Planned Parenthood Empire State Acts (PPESA) is looking for skilled graphic designers to help bring our message to New York State. Volunteers will create branded graphics and templates for social media campaigns, promotional materials, events, and other projects. Volunteers should be Graphic Design professionals, currently or recently working in the field, and possess a modern design sensibility, the ability to work within brand guidelines, and able to demonstrate examples of designing digital content.
Several social media campaigns will run throughout the year centered on reproductive health and access issues as well as New York State specific legislation.
Roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating compelling graphics for a variety of issue and legislative campaigns, including reusable templates sized for various platforms and uses.
- Adhering to brand guidelines, including creative standards, style guides and color palettes, to produce designs that align with existing digital content.
- Working independently while coordinating with PPESA staff and others as needed.
Experience and qualifications include:
- Understanding of design requirements for various digital media (social, web, etc.)
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign and Photoshop.
- A high level of attention to detail and organization, with the ability to accept input.
A stipend of $20 per hour is included which covers 10 hours of design work a month. This is a flexible position - volunteers are expected to agree to work only during months when they have the time to commit to Planned Parenthood.
Volunteers can work remotely and should have the Abode Creative Suite licensed and installed on their personal computers.
To apply, please submit a brief cover letter, resume and links to your online portfolio to [email protected]