Thank you for your interest in employment and internship opportunities at PPESA. Current open position(s):
Internship/Volunteer: Graphic Designer
Put your eye for design to work for reproductive rights! Planned Parenthood Empire State Acts (PPESA) is looking for skilled graphic designers to help bring our message to New York State. Volunteers will create branded graphics and templates for social media campaigns, promotional materials, events and other projects. Volunteers should be working towards a Graphic Design degree or in the field, and possess a modern design sensibility, the ability to work within brand guidelines, and able to demonstrate examples of designing digital content.
Several social media campaigns will run throughout the year centered on reproductive health and access issues as well as New York State specific legislation.
Roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating compelling graphics for a variety of issue and legislative campaigns, including reusable templates sized for various platforms and uses.
- Adhering to brand guidelines, including creative standards, style guides and color palettes, to produce designs that align with existing digital content.
- Working independently while coordinating with PPESA staff and others as needed.
Experience and qualifications include:
- Understanding of design requirements for various digital media (social, web, etc.)
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign and Photoshop.
- A high level of attention to detail and organization, with the ability to accept input.
A minimum commitment of five hours per week for a three-month period is required.
Volunteers will have the flexibility to work from PPESA’s offices - conveniently located in downtown Albany - or remotely on weekdays or weekends. For on-site work, a Mac with InDesign will be provided. If working remotely, volunteers should have Abode Creative Suite licensed and installed on their personal computers.
To apply, please submit a brief cover letter, resume and links to your online portfolio to [email protected] PPESA is willing to work with students to meet credit hour requirements.
Employment: Political Director
Planned Parenthood Empire State Acts (PPESA), the statewide agency representing New York’s Planned Parenthood affiliates seeks a dynamic and motivated Political Director to join our team of professionals working to advance the mission of the organization. EEO/AA
The individual occupying this position directs all legislative and electoral activities, as well as acts as PPESA’s senior lobbyist. The ideal individual must be able to think broadly and strategically about PPESA’s advocacy initiatives, state and federal collaborations and activist engagement in communities around the state to successfully implement both legislative and electoral initiatives that advance the reproductive health, rights, and justice of all New Yorkers.
We are seeking an individual who will:
- Lead the lobbying team at PPESA and develop and execute state-based lobbying campaigns.
- Provide support to Planned Parenthood Empire State Votes (PPESV) and coordinate electoral strategies with local affiliate c (4)’s and political committees for maximum impact, while working with counsel to ensure compliance with relevant laws.
- Oversee all legal reporting and registration requirements including but not limited to NYS Board of Elections campaign finance and disclosure documents.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with key policy and political leaders in New York State.
- Lead PPESA’s advocacy activities to advance the public policy objectives of the organization.
- Manage the government relations staff.
- Represent PPESA and PPESV at public events.
- Serve as the organization’s representative by working in collaboration with outside partners from both the legislative, advocacy and political arenas.
- Coordinate with Planned Parenthood Federation and other national organizations to promote PPESA’s goals and mission.
- Oversee the legislative and political analysis of public policy impacting PPESA’s priorities.
- Identify and act on emerging issues in the political environment.
- Plan and execute an annual legislative agenda.
- Build the grassroots/tops capacity of the organizations.
- Four-year degree in political science or equivalent field
- Expert knowledge of electoral politics and direct voter contact programs including the ability to analyze data and evaluate results
- Working knowledge of the New York State legislative process
- 7 to 10 years of political experience
- Strong commitment to reproductive health and justice
- Excellent communications, organization and management skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and multitask
Diverse Candidates Encouraged to Apply
Planned Parenthood Empire State Acts is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. PPESA does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment by race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, and innovation.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected].