Looking for employment opportunities at PPESA? See the list below for open positions:
Office Manager/Executive Assistant
Planned Parenthood Empire State Acts, the statewide agency representing New York’s Planned Parenthood affiliates, seeks a dynamic and motivated office manager/executive assistant to join our team of professionals working to advance the mission of the organization. EEO/AA
The office manager/executive assistant is responsible for all office and administrative functions for the organization including administrative support to the President & CEO. We are seeking an individual who will:
- Facilitate a positive and effective office environment that enables the staff to perform their duties efficiently and effectively.
- Manage office systems including telephone, computers/internet, copiers and the physical facility.
- Present a professional, welcoming first contact to visitors and callers.
- Screen visitors, mail, and telephone calls to ascertain the nature of their business, helping those that can be taken care of personally, and redirecting those which can be handled by others; tactfully make referrals as appropriate.
- Provide administrative support to the President & CEO including but not limited to: oversight of their calendar, scheduling of meetings and travel, and clerical functions.
- Manage relationships with vendors to facilitate fast, cost-effective and efficient service.
- Maintain key files (hard and electronic) and records in connection with agency’s work.
- Arrange travel, hotel and conference registration for the organization.
- Attend to the procurement of supplies, maintenance of services and equipment, etc. to ensure the office is adequately provided for in these areas.
- Oversee meeting preparation and execution.
- Maintain common spaces and storage areas for appearance and functionality.
- Provide administrative support for staff; maintain mailing lists and assist with mailings and scheduling when needed.
- Associate's degree with relevant experience.
- Proactive, helpful, can-do attitude.
- Flexibility to adjust to a dynamic work environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with non-profit organizational administrative systems preferred.
- Mastery of basic office technology and common computer software (Word, Excel, Adobe and Outlook).
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Diverse Candidates Encouraged to Apply
Planned Parenthood Empire State Acts is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, and innovation.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Planned Parenthood Empire State Acts, 194 Washington Avenue, Albany NY 12210.