MoLeg Week One Recap
Lawmakers gathered in Jefferson City January 3 to begin the 2018 legislative session. Planned Parenthood Advocates in Missouri tracks legislation that impacts Missourians’ sexual and reproductive health, as well as bills that impact patients’ rights more broadly. While there are several anti-sexual and -reproductive health bills, the number of supported bills outnumbers bills we oppose by nearly two to one. There is more good news, too: House Bill 1499, which expands access to long-acting reversible contraception, has a hearing set for January 10!
- Planned Parenthood Advocates in Missouri: 2018 Missouri Legislative Bill Summary
- Follow us on Twitter as we live-tweet hearings: @PPMO_Advocates
Mark Your Calendars for our 2018 Lobby Days!
Mark your calendars and join fellow advocates talking with lawmakers in Jefferson City about Missourians’ sexual and reproductive health and rights! Whether you’ve never been to the Capitol or you’ve walked the halls a hundred times, join us and make a difference!
RSVP information will be shared in coming Monday Monitors.
- Wednesday, Feb. 7
- Tuesday, Feb. 27
- Wednesday, March 28
- Tuesday, April 17
- Thursday, May 10
Share Your Story
Your experience matters. Sharing your story is one of the most powerful ways to support Planned Parenthood.
Missouri politicians recently added even more medically unnecessary restrictions on safe, legal abortion by passing Senate Bill 5. It’s more important than ever to lift up the stories of patients who are navigating political barriers to access the health care they need.
Whether it’s birth control, STI testing, annual exams or safe, legal abortion, tell us why you #StandWithPP!
- Planned Parenthood Advocates in Missouri: Share Your Story
Stand With Planned Parenthood in Your Community
MLK Day Events
- 1/14 St. Louis Reclaim MLK 2018 Program and Dinner: Join us from 4:00-7:00 PM at the Equation Church for interactive discussions on faith leaders’ role in the struggle for justice, the campaign to Decarcerate Saint Louis, and the Poor People’s Campaign-Saint Louis. Expect to leave refreshed and challenged - ready to be part of the solution. This event is free of charge and open to the public. Food will be provided. Childcare is available.
- RSVP: I'll Be There
- 1/15 St. Louis MLK March: Join the annual MLK Day March at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, January 15. Marchers will congregate at the Old Courthouse located at 11 N 4th St, St. Louis, MO 63102.
Phone Bank & Data Entry Parties
Join the fight for access to health care on the state and federal levels! Join Planned Parenthood organizers and volunteers to make calls and enter data — you can participate in person or join remotely!
- Columbia Data Entry & Phone Banking: Tuesday 1/9 from 5:30-8:30 PM
- St. Louis Phone Banking: Friday 1/12 from 12:00-3:00 PM
- Springfield Phone Banking: Email Southwest Missouri Grassroots Organizer Stacy Sherrod
Clean Missouri Democracy Reform Campaign
Planned Parenthood is supporting Clean Missouri, a non-partisan effort to reform our democracy by banning big lobbyist gifts, capping campaign contributions, and improving the way we draw district lines. Join us and help put power back in voters' hands!
- Springfield: Email Southwest Missouri Grassroots Organizer Stacy Sherrod
- St. Louis: Email Lead Grassroots Organizer Alaina Smith
Find Events Near You
Check Planned Parenthood’s national calendar to find events planned in your community!
- Planned Parenthood Event Calendar: Find an event near you