#IStandWithPP! Congressional Attacks on Planned Parenthood
Congressional Republicans are moving ahead to dismantle the Affordable Care Act and “defund” Planned Parenthood. There’s lots of misinformation out there, so let’s set the record straight: There is no Planned Parenthood line item in the federal budget. “Defunding” means blocking 2.5 million low-income patients every year from vital preventive health care at Planned Parenthood health centers.
Here are ways to take action right now:
- Visit IStandWithPP.org to learn more, call your senators, and spread the word!
- Speak Out! Share your perspective as a Planned Parenthood supporter/patient/provider
- Add #IStandWithPP to your profile picture
Planned Parenthood Advocates Out in the Community
- M’Evie Mead, Missouri Director of Policy and Organizing, spoke to the House Progressive Caucus last Wednesday about sexual and reproductive health policy, priorities, and legislation.
- Intersectionality panel: Planned Parenthood Great Plains will be hosting a panel discussion Sunday on facing the realities of health care advocacy and social justice work in Kansas City. Panelists from local racial justice, and health justice organizations will define the complexities of intersectionality and attendees will learn more about how to take action that supports the multiracial movement for gender equity, and racial, economic and social justice. This is a free event, but RSVP is required.
- Action Forums:
- Planned Parenthood Great Plains held its first Action Forum at the Columbia Health Center on January 11th. Fifteen local supporters came to learn about Planned Parenthood and reproductive justice. They left with commitments to write letters to the editor, participate in lobby days, and call their elected officials to let them know Planned Parenthood is a valuable and important part of their community.
- Planned Parenthood of the St. Louis Region and Southwest Missouri's first Action Forum took place on January 7th at the Springfield Health Center. More than 20 supporters formed action teams that will push back against dangerous, anti-reproductive health legislation and growing the movement for reproductive health in Southwest Missouri.
- Protecting the ACA: Planned Parenthood organizers have joined a coalition of groups to protect the Affordable Care Act and participated in demonstrations across Missouri calling on Sen. Claire McCaskill and Sen. Roy Blunt to protect the ACA and access to health care.
- MO Health Care for All: Upcoming #KeepOurCare Actions
Women's March on Washington — and in Missouri!
On Saturday, January 21, hundreds of thousands of people will participate in the Women’s March on Washington. At the same time, there will be sister marches across Missouri! This is an opportunity for all folks of all genders to stand together in solidarity and tell elected officials at all levels of government that we expect them to protect the rights of women, their families, and their communities.
We are in for the fight of our lives. Our goal at the Women’s Marches statewide is to make it clear to the incoming administration that Missourians are prepared to fight attacks on reproductive health care, abortion, and access to Planned Parenthood. Contact your local Planned Parenthood organizer to get more information!
- Kansas City: [email protected]
- Mid-Missouri: [email protected]
- Southwest Missouri: [email protected]
- St. Louis Area: [email protected]