The 2018 election is a turning point for Ohio, determining the future of women’s rights in our state and whether Planned Parenthood health centers will keep their doors open and provide reproductive health services, education, and access to safe, legal abortion. 2018 is our last chance to elect officials who will end gerrymandering in Ohio and support fair re-districting.
In 2018, we will:
• Harness and sustain the momentum of the Women’s March movement and engage voters through Planned Parenthood’s March. Vote. Win. program, shifting the balance of power in Ohio by electing leaders who will stand with us and fight for us.
• Use our voice as a trusted messenger to engage communities of color, young people, infrequent and progressive drop-off voters, and women, and lift up the records of pro-reproductive health candidates, especially for U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown, governor, and statewide races.
• Invest in a strong political infrastructure across Ohio, reaching voters through canvassing programs, digital organizing, media, and mail.
• Focus our work in the eight most populated counties in Ohio with the largest concentration of key voters.
• Implement a robust Get Out the Vote (GOTV) campaign, ensuring every voter is knowledgeable on reproductive issues and how this election will affect their future health.
We need your support.
This campaign will only be successful if we can raise the money necessary to fund a robust, comprehensive field and communications plan. Together, we will ensure Planned Parenthood health centers can continue to serve the communities that need them most and offer exceptional health care and education, without apology, to the women, men, and young people of Ohio.
You can help support PPVotes Ohio by hosting an intimate PPVotes Ohio fundraising event with people who share your passion. To host your PPVotes Ohio event, simply download your event toolkit and start planning your own grassroots fundraiser.