All Virginians deserve access to comprehensive sexual and reproductive health care, including abortion care. Virginia is stronger when we can all make decisions about our families, our health, and our futures.
Support a Constitutional Amendment that protects reproductive freedom in Virginia SJ255 (McClellan and Boysko); HJ519 (Herring)
- We are supporting a constitutional amendment to permanently protect reproductive freedom in Virginia, because our rights should not be up for debate each legislative session — and the majority of Virginians who want to keep abortion safe and legal agree.
Support the Contraceptive Equity Act SB1112 (Hashmi) + HB2089 (Mundon King)
Oppose abortion bans that put politicians in the middle of private medical decisions that should be left to each patient and their medical provider:
- We oppose any abortion ban. The goal of all abortion bans is to stop people from accessing essential health care and to take away people’s power over their own bodies, their lives, and their futures.
- Total Abortion Ban SB1284 (Hackworth, Newman, Obenshain); HB1395 (March); SR87 (Chase)
- 15-week Abortion Ban SB1385 (Newman); HB2278 (Byron)
- 22-week Abortion Ban SB1483 (Dunnavant)
- Reason Ban HB1865 (Scott, Phil)
We also oppose:
- Oppose so-called “born alive bills” which are vehicles for anti-abortion politicians to push misinformation, stoke fear, and bully patients and providers — with the ultimate goal of banning abortion. HB1795 (Freitas)
- Oppose bills that would restrict access to sexual and reproductive health care. HB1488 (McGuire)
- Oppose bills that undermine the teaching of comprehensive, medically accurate Family Life Education.
- Oppose bills that target transgender and nonbinary youth.