- Log in (or create an account) at capitol.hawaii.gov
- Click “Submit Testimony”.
- Enter the bill number into “Bill Status/Measure Status” field in the upper left corner of page.
- Click “Continue” under “Enter Bill or Measure”. Make sure the field has the correct bill number.
- Complete the page, especially:
- Choose “Support” under “Your Position”.
- Add personal testimony (optional) under “Attachments” or “Your Testimony/Comments”. See attachment for talking points but personal commentary is encouraged.
- Click “Submit”.
- “Your testimony was submitted…” should appear in red at the top of the screen to confirm.
Support our priority legislation!
Here's how to submit written testimony in Hawai‘i.
SB 1: Protecting Abortion Access and Abortion Providers
Hearing: Wednesday, March 15, 2 p.m.
Deadline to submit testimony: Tuesday, March 14, 2 p.m.
Many states have banned abortion care since Roe v. Wade was overturned. That means that abortion providers in these states might be disciplined or lose their professional license, just for providing the care their patients need. To protect health care in Hawai‘i, we must protect our health providers and strengthen legal protections for abortion care.
SB 1 does many things to protect abortion access:
- clarifies that all pregnant people in the state have the right to access abortion care, including transgender and gender nonbinary people
- allows physician assistants to provide safe and effective abortion care, addressing Hawai‘i's provider shortage
- protects access to telehealth abortion services
SB 1 also protects abortion providers, so they can focus on patient care, not lawsuits meant to threaten and distract them:
- limits cooperation with other states’ investigations about abortion
- prohibits medical licensure boards from taking adverse action against providers who provide abortion care that is legal in Hawai‘i
- eliminates old laws that threaten criminal prosecution against providers for providing safe and basic abortion care