From the Trump-Pence administration’s relentless attacks to Title X to the Supreme Court, it is more important than ever that we elect pro-Planned Parenthood champions to the United States Congress who will stand up to these harmful policies at the Federal level and champions in the Minnesota State Legislature to the governor's office who will protect us here at home in Minnesota.
Here’s How We Win
ELECT TIM WALZ FOR GOVERNOR AND PEGGY FLANAGAN FOR LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR
The Planned Parenthood Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota Action Fund is proud to endorse Tim Walz for Governor and Peggy Flanagan for Lieutenant Governor. In a time when we face continuous attacks on access to birth control, abortion, and health care—Minnesotans must elect fearless advocates like Tim Walz and Peggy Flanagan to protect our health and rights.
ELECT SENATOR TINA SMITH AND REELECT SENATOR AMY KLOBUCHAR
It is critical that Minnesotans re-elect U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar and elect U.S. Senator Tina Smith to represent Minnesota values and protect our rights at the Federal level. Holding their seats is also key for Democrats to have a chance at taking back the U.S. Senate and serve as a check on the Trump-Pence Administration’s dangerous policies.
U.S. Senator Tina Smith has been fighting for Planned Parenthood her whole career—as vice president at Planned Parenthood Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota; as lieutenant governor of Minnesota; and as U.S. senator—standing up against attacks on our health care.
From voting to make contraception and family planning accessible, protecting a person's constitutionally protected right to obtain a safe, legal, and accessible abortion, and fighting against measures to “defund” Planned Parenthood—U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar has always stood up for Planned Parenthood patients.
EIGHT CONGRESSIONAL RACES
The math is clear—to take back the U.S. House of Representatives, Democrats need a net gain of 23 House seats. Of the 30 districts that are toss-ups, 28 are held by Republicans, including two in Minnesota. That means Democrats have a real chance to #TakeItBack, but only if Minnesotans turn out and do their part by voting in November to:
- Elect Dan Feehan to replace Tim Walz (MN-01);
- Elect Angie Craig to defeat incumbent Rep. Jason Lewis (MN-02);
- Elect Dean Phillips to defeat incumbent Rep. Erik Paulsen (MN03);
- Re-elect Betty McCollum (MN-04);
- Elect Ilhan Omar (MN-05);
- Elect Joe Radinovich (MN-08);
- Elect Keith Ellison for Attorney General.
THE MINNESOTA HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
11 seats in the Minnesota House of Representatives are all we need to take back to regain the majority in Minnesota House, we stop anti-women’s health lawmakers from passing legislation that limits access to birth control, abortion, and STD testing and treatment. Get a sample ballot with your Planned Parenthood Action Fund endorsed candidates and find your polling place.
Take Action, Make Change
If you want to fight back and make sure that reproductive health champions represent your values, there’s an easy step you can take right now: Vote.
In Minnesota, early voting starts on Friday, September 21 and runs through Monday, November 5. Early voting is a great option and allows you to plan a time to vote in advance of the November 6 election that fits with your schedule. Many early voting locations are also open on weekends, allowing you maximum flexibility to determine a time to vote that works for you.
Here's your checklist to pink out the vote:
- Check your voter registration. If you’ve moved since the last time you voted, you’ll need to register again. You can do it online or in person when you arrive to vote early. If you plan to register in person, remember to bring proof of residence.
- Find a location to vote early in person that works for you. Every county election office in Minnesota offers in-person early voting. Many cities offer additional locations.
- Make a plan to pink out the vote for reproductive health champions.