This is a critical moment for our country. Our health care and rights are on the line. From Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court, to the Trump-Pence administration’s policies that have undermined our basic rights and freedoms, we must do everything in our power to protect access to health care – no matter what.
That’s why thousands of activists and volunteers from around the country gathered in Detroit from July 27-29 for Power of Pink, Planned Parenthood Action Fund’s largest volunteer event ever.
Power of Pink was a gathering of Planned Parenthood Action Fund and our partners’ most active volunteers from across the country to come together and build from the ground up. We’re at a unique moment where real change in this country is being led by ordinary people wanting to make a difference in their communities – and they’re doing amazing things. No matter who or where you are, we believe you have an opportunity to make change.
Planned Parenthood Action Fund volunteers from Minnesota journeyed to Power of Pink to gain the skills to fight back and build power in their own communities.
Check out these stories of five Planned Parenthood Action Fund activists from Minnesota and read about what they learned at Power of Pink:
- Power of Pink: Tyra’s Story
- Power of Pink: Jenna’s Story
- Power of Pink: Angelica’s Story
- Power of Pink: Kia’s Story
- Power of Pink: Jessica’s Story
Planned Parenthood volunteers are a force to be reckoned with – in 2018 and beyond. Ready to join us?
Here’s what you can do:
- Pledge to vote for reproductive and sexual health champions in November. Your vote is your voice – and your voice matters.
- Sign up to volunteer with the Planned Parenthood Action Fund in Minnesota. Join the army of Planned Parenthood volunteers like the folks that attended the Power of Pink conference and are working hard every day to make change in their own communities.
- Donate to the Planned Parenthood Minnesota Political Action Committee. We’re building new, innovative grassroots organizing models to channel energy and activism into sustainable efforts to make real change in the world – but we need your help. If you cannot donate your time to making change, consider a donation to help fuel the hard work of organizers and activists to fight back against dangerous policies and elect champions who will fight for our shared values.
Tags: Power of Pink Minnesota