Our Rights. Our Bodies. Our Vote.
Minnesota is at risk in the wake of the decision to overturn Roe v. Wade. The stakes have never been higher now that the U.S. Supreme Court has overturned the federal right to abortion, giving states the power to ban abortions even in the case of rape or incest.
If Planned Parenthood champions win the majorities in both the Minnesota House and Senate, they could pass a law establishing the fundamental right of Minnesotans to make their own individual decisions regarding reproductive health care, including abortion.
Make a plan to elect Planned Parenthood champions up and down the ballot.
Vote for Planned Parenthood Champions by November 8
Are you registered to vote?Check Status
Vote By MailRequest a Ballot
Find Your Polling PlacePOLLING LOCATIONS
Jeff Ettinger for MN-1 in U.S. Congress
Jeff Ettinger has lived with his wife in Austin, Minnesota for over 30 years. He was a beloved CEO of Hormel Foods before transitioning to lead the Hormel Foundation working to improve lives of people in local Minnesota communities. He is now an advocate for abortion access and has spoken honestly about how his views about abortion have changed over the last decade. As a member of Congress, he promises to "lead the fight to pass legislation codifying Roe v. Wade into national law, so that no state can block a woman's right to choose."
Sexual and Reproductive Health Care Advocates On Your Ballot
A Bold Plan
Our rights and access to reproductive health care, including safe, legal abortion, depend on elected leaders at all levels of government.
Planned Parenthood champions have a bold plan to secure the reproductive freedom of all Minnesotans, no matter who you are, where you live, and how much you make. We must re-elect Governor Tim Walz and Lt. Governor Peggy Flanagan and candidates that support safe and legal abortion up and down the ballot.
We believe no one is free unless they control their bodies, lives, and futures. It's time to take control.
A Threat to Our Fundamental Rights
Republican candidate for governor Scott Jensen and his running mate Matt Birk have said they will ban abortion even in cases of rape or incest.
- GOP-endorsed gubernatorial candidate, Scott Jensen, said in a March 2022 interview: “I would try to ban abortion. I think that we’re basically in a situation where we should be governed by pro-life.”1
- Jensen’s running mate, Matt Birk, proudly celebrated the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade. He explained he doesn’t believe that rape victims should be able to get abortions.2
- Scott Jensen and Matt Birk's extreme views are not aligned with the majority of Minnesotans who support safe and legal abortion.
1. Minnesota Public Radio Interview 3.15.2022 2. Vanity Fair 7.19.2022 Jensen photo: Edited to grey scale from Dr. Scott Jensen Facebook page. Birk photo: Edited to grey scale from screenshot of video from National Right to Life speech.
Governor Tim Walz and Lt. Governor Peggy Flanagan Will Protect Our Rights
Our rights to control our own bodies and lives are on the ballot this November. Governor Walz and Lieutenant Governor Flanagan will protect safe, legal abortion in Minnesota. They have made an important promise to Minnesotans: "There will NEVER be an abortion ban on our watch."1
They understand that personal health care decisions, including abortion, should be between and patient and their doctor. The administration will fight to ensure every Minnesota can get the reproductive health care they need free from political interference.
The Walz-Flanagan administration has a record for fiercely pushing progress in Minnesota. During his tenure, Tim Walz:
- proposed increased funding to the Family Planning Special Project grant that increases access to vital sexual and reproductive health care,2
- joined 16 governors in calling for the United States Senate to pass the Women’s Health Protection Act on May 3, 2022,3
- and signed an Executive Order banning conversion therapy in Minnesota.4
1. @PeggyFlanagan Instagram post on 08.26.2022 2. FPSP: FY2020-21 Budget Recommendations, Page 60 3. Open letter to the U.S. Senate 4. Executive Order
Pledge to Vote for Planned Parenthood Champions
We have a chance to elect candidates that will fight for safe and legal abortion in the House, Senate, and the Governor’s Office.
States across the country are decimating access to abortion, birth control, and sex education. We can’t take abortion access for granted. It could happen here. We must elect leaders who support the right of every person to make decisions about their own body and will work to protect our rights.
Pledge to vote for sexual and reproductive health champions at all levels of government by November 8!
Paid for by the Planned Parenthood of Minnesota Political Action Fund, 671 Vandalia St., St. Paul, MN 55114, and not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee.