In 2016, Molly Kelly was recognized by Planned Parenthood New Hampshire Action Fund as a "Women's Health Champion" for her work in the NH State Senate to protect and expand access to reproductive health care. That work includes:
- Voting in favor of Medicaid Expansion in 2014 and 2016
- Voting in favor of the buffer zone law (SB 319) which protects patient safety at reproductive health centers and against efforts to repeal the buffer zone in 2015 and 2016
- Voting in favor of the historic marriage equality vote in 2009 (HB 73)
- Opposing efforts to defund Planned Parenthood in 2007 (SB 77) and 2012 (HRC 41)
- Opposing legislation to ban public funding for abortion services in 2012 (HB 228)
- Opposing efforts to mandate waiting periods for abortion care in 2012 (HB 1659)
- Opposing abortion bans in 2012 (HB 1660 and HB 1679)
- Opposing attempts to make it more difficult for New Hampshire students to access timely and age-appropriate sex education in 2015 (HB 332)
Understanding and Explaining the different Planned Parenthood entities in New Hampshire:
Planned Parenthood of Northern New England (PPNNE) is the largest provider of reproductive and sexual health care for women, men and teens across the State of New Hampshire. It serves New Hampshire residents through 6 health centers in Claremont, Derry, Exeter, Keene, Manchester and White River Junction, VT. Last year we saw more than 11,000 patients were served at these sites. PPNNE has been a community-based family planning provider receiving funding from NH Department of Health and Human Services for more than 40 years. As a 501(c)(3) charitable organization PPNNE cannot support political candidates or engage in any electoral activities.
Planned Parenthood New Hampshire Action Fund (PPNHAF) is an independent, nonpartisan, not-for-profit organization formed as the advocacy and political arm of Planned Parenthood of Northern New England in New Hampshire. The Action Fund engages in educational and electoral activity, including voter education, grassroots organizing, and legislative advocacy. The Action Fund makes independent expenditures on behalf of or in opposition to targeted candidates for public office. PPNHAF maintains a separate, segregated political committee and fund to make direct campaign contributions to endorsed candidates (the PAC).
Planned Parenthood New Hampshire Action Fund PAC is the political committee operated within PPNHAF which makes candidate endorsements and gives financial contributions directly to candidates.