Planned Parenthood Northern California Action Fund (PPNorCal AF) may choose to endorse candidates for local elected public office in order to elect representatives who will champion Planned Parenthood’s (c)(3) mission.
PPNorCal Action Fund endorses in Board Supervisors, Assembly and Senate elections and other local races as applicable to electoral and strategic goals on a year to year basis. To be endorsed by Planned Parenthood Northern California Action Fund, an incumbent, challenger, or appointee must score a 100% rating, which is achieved by, at a minimum and among other things, agreeing to the following principles and positions:
- Support the terms of Roe v. Wade and oppose any attempt to weaken or overturn Roe;
- Support public funding of abortion services, prenatal care, family planning, and other reproductive health care services for all women and all individuals who rely on the government for their health care services;
- Support the right of minors to confidential family planning, abortion, prenatal care, and sexually transmitted infection screening and treatment services;
- Support comprehensive, age-appropriate, medically accurate sexuality and HIV/AIDS education in public schools that is medically accurate and free of racial, ethnic, and gender bias;
- Support requiring the provision of, or referral for, reproductive health care services by any health care entity that receives public funding for providing health care services;
- Support inclusion of all reproductive health care services, including abortion, in any health plans; and
- Support enactment of laws, and enforcement of existing laws, that protect reproductive health care providers, their staff and patients, and their families from the ongoing campaign of violence, intimidation, and harassment being waged against them.
In addition, incumbents, challengers or appointees must also achieve 100% scores on candidate questionnaires and legislative scorecards, as applicable. In order to be considered for endorsement, the first step is to complete the questionnaire.
Please refer to the Endorsement Process Guide below.
To request a questionnaire please email [email protected].
Special Election Assembly District 1
San Francisco Mayor
San Francisco District Attorney
San Francisco Board of Supervisors, District 5