Reports to: Digital Organizer
Who we are: Planned Parenthood Pennsylvania Advocates and Association (PPPA) is one of 21 state public affairs offices of Planned Parenthood Federation of America. PPPA staff coordinate political and issue education efforts with public affairs staff at Pennsylvania’s Planned Parenthood affiliates who serve over 100,000 patients a year. Our goal is to ensure legislative, issue, and political advocacy efforts are integrated into a coordinated statewide strategy.
Description: As a member of the Statewide Public Policy Team, the Digital and Social Media Intern is responsible for supporting and enhancing Planned Parenthood Pennsylvania Advocate’s online presence. This position will utilize social media, online outreach tools, and PPPA’s website to increase digital engagement around reproductive rights throughout the state of Pennsylvania.
Internship Term: Internship Term: January 2019 - May 2019
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate Planned Parenthood Pennsylvania Advocate (PPPA)’s social media presence
- Create, schedule, and publish content on PPPA’s social media platforms
- Evaluate data of social media performance to improve online supporter engagement
- Travel to various locations for PPPA events to live post, live stream, take pictures, etc.
- Assist in structural improvements to better PPPA’s social media presence
- Create graphics for events, posters, social media, etc.
- Assist in texting supporters
- Assist in publishing content on PPPA’s website, including but not limited to: press releases, call to actions, legislative updates, etc.
- Assist in data entry as needed
- Commitment to reproductive health and rights for all Pennsylvanians, and to Planned Parenthood’s mission to protect access to safe and legal abortion, access to essential health care and comprehensive sexual education, equality for PA women and LGBTQIA residents, and equity for people of color, immigrants, those economically disadvantaged, and people living with physical or mental disabilities
- Commitment to inclusivity, embodying intersectionality, and social justice
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Highly self-motivated and ability to work remotely
- Well organized and strong attention to detail
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Experience with social media, Microsoft Office, Google Drive, CMS, HTML, and/or graphic design preferred
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate degree
To apply: Send a resume and cover letter with subject line “Digital and Social Media Intern” to [email protected]. PPPA is an equal-opportunity employer. People of Color, LGBTQIA individuals, women, young people, and other historically disenfranchised populations are encouraged to apply. Applications will be accepting until position is filled. Applications without all required documents will not be considered. No phone calls please.