Reports to: Policy Director
Position/Hours: Part-time Policy Fellow, 20-25 hours per week
Compensation: $1,200 monthly stipend, paid in biweekly installments
Who we are: Planned Parenthood is the nation's leading sexual and reproductive health care provider and advocate. Planned Parenthood Pennsylvania Advocates (PPPA) is one of 21 state public affairs offices of Planned Parenthood Federation of America. PPPA staff coordinate political and educational efforts with public affairs staff at Pennsylvania’s Planned Parenthood affiliates, which serve over 80,000 patients a year. Our goal is to ensure legislative and political advocacy efforts are integrated into a coordinated statewide strategy.
Job Description: PPPA is seeking a part-time Policy Fellow to join our small but mighty policy team. Interns will have the opportunity to gain hands-on (virtual) experience in many aspects of policy making, from conducting research and drafting issue briefs, to interacting with lawmakers. The Policy Fellow will work closely with the Director of Policy to advance PPPA’s legislative priorities and goals. Additional responsibilities may include participating in coalition work, creating messaging materials, collecting and analyzing data, and supporting electoral goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct and present research on key issues such as, but not limited to, the impact of COVID-19 on sexual and reproductive health and access to safe and legal abortion.
- Assist in managing logistics, planning, and implementation of local campaigns and initiatives.
- Participate in meetings, webinars, conferences and events organized by PPPA and PPFA.
- Assist in drafting one-pagers and other supporting materials including presentations and memos.
- Graduate student preferred.
- Commitment to and knowledge and interest in sexual and reproductive health issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and/or Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides).
- Love for spreadsheets.
To Apply: Send a resume and a cover letter with the subject line “Policy Fellow” to: [email protected]. Applications without all required documents will not be considered. The position will be open until filled. Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
PPPA is an equal-opportunity employer. Women, People of Color, LGBTQIA individuals, and other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Planned Parenthood Pennsylvania Advocates does not discriminate against an employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood Pennsylvania Advocates is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, and innovation.