Planned Parenthood Voters of Nebraska (PPVN) is an independent nonprofit, nonpartisan organization managed by a Board of Directors appointed by the Planned Parenthood of the Heartland Board of Directors.
Our Mission: To foster and preserve a social and political climate favorable to reproductive health, and to protect reproductive choice.
To advance our mission, we:
- Work with the Nebraska Unicameral to promote policies that help people access health care
- Educate and mobilize the public
- Promote political candidates who support access to health care and reproductive rights
- Stand in solidarity with social justice partners to break down barriers to quality care
PPVN stands for equitable health care access for all Nebraskans.
- All people have a right to high-quality health care, including the full range of sexual and reproductive health care. All people have a right to seek care where they want, including at Planned Parenthood health centers.
- Access to family planning improves the lives of women and their families. Nebraskans deserve affordable birth control and access to information to decide if and when they will become parents.
- Education is the foundation of a healthy community. Nebraska’s young people deserve medically accurate, inclusive sex education that empowers healthy decision-making.
- Abortion must remain safe, legal, and accessible. A woman facing a pregnancy must have access to safe, legal abortion services – without government interference.
Board of Directors
Christa Yoakum, Chair
Judy Vohland, Vice Chair
W. Don Nelson, Secretary/Treasurer
Sue Ellen Wall