Attitudes Toward Reproductive Health Care Options and Abortion
- Voters intensely believe it is important that women have access to all of the reproductive health care options available, including abortion (85% see it as important; 68% very important).
- Among voters statewide, a woman’s freedom to plan her family is a near unanimously held belief. Freedom is a core value.
- Women should have the freedom to plan if and when to have children – 93% agree, 86% strongly agree.
- There is remarkably strong agreement with statements around sex education, economic well-being and stability, and birth control:
- We should require sex education that covers healthy relationships and communication skills – 90% agree, 79% strongly agree
- Reproductive health care is basic health care and having access to it is important for economic well-being and stability – 91% agree, 75% strongly agree
- Birth control is part of healthcare overall – 86% agree, 74% strongly agree
- We need to guarantee access to birth control for all individuals in Hawaii – 86% agree, 73% strongly agree.
- There is strong support for access to abortion services, but some voters drop off when these services are not situated within reproductive health care.
- Every woman should have access to the full range of reproductive health care, including abortion – 81% agree, 65% strongly agree
- Every woman should have access to abortion – 71% agree, 56% strongly agree.