Planned Parenthood Votes Opposes Doug Mastriano for Governor
Democratic candidate Josh Shapiro has said he will veto any bill that would restrict abortion rights in Pennsylvania, and he will expand access to reproductive care.
Here’s what Doug Mastriano has to say:
- Mastriano promised to use executive actions to restrict abortion and push for bans to become law: “So on day one, I have a series of executive orders, and just for everyone's comfort out there, executive orders are powers that a governor can wield. But you obviously want to back up the legislation. So they’re codified in the law. So after my eight years are up, the next governor can't overturn them.” [Doug Mastriano, Southern York Meet and Greet, PA, 5/3/22]
- He Supported Overturning Roe v. Wade: “Roe v. Wade is rightly relegated to the ash heap of history. As the abortion debate returns to the states, Pennsylvania must be prepared to lead the nation in being a voice for the voiceless.”
- He wants to ban all abortions — period:
- “I'm the most pro-life guy out there.” [Bannon’s Pandemic War Room, 5/3/22].
- “And everyone knows where I stand on it, very clear. Life starts at conception.” [Doug Mastriano, Facebook Live, PA, 05/03/22].
- “I don’t give a way for exceptions.” [WJET (ABC), 5/3/22]
- Mastriano would criminalize doctors for providing care:
- When asked if a person who has an abortion or a doctor who performs one should be punished, he replied “The doctor should be, under Governor Mastriano. It would be a crime, as governor.” [PA Gubernatorial Debate, 4/27/22]
Vote for abortion rights November 8th: vote.pa
Paid for by Planned Parenthood Votes, 123 William St, NY NY 10038. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee. Connected organization: Planned Parenthood Action Fund.