On February 1st, 2023, Governor Ron DeSantis released his budget recommendation. Along with his budget proposal, he released recommended conforming bills that place restrictions and give stipulations to his budget proposal.
Ron DeSantis has put his ambition to be president ahead of what’s best for Floridians. People who can become pregnant, people of color, and the LGBTQ+ community are all directly in the crosshairs of his attacks.
Share or update your information and you'll be the first to know when there's an action to protect our fundamental right to control our own bodies and health care decisions.
Take Action: Contact Legislators
Thanks to new restrictions, doctors are afraid to provide abortion care, even when patients face heartbreaking circumstances. Urge your state legislators oppose any further restrictions on abortion care.
Find an Event
See what's happening soon and sign up for an event near you.
Ron’s Wrecks: The governor’s misplaced budget priorities
Governor DeSantis’ budget priorities are all wrong. Instead of working to improve the lives of Floridians, DeSantis is pouring taxpayer dollars into programs that will harm our citizens, all in his personal quest to gain the 2024 Republican presidential nomination.
DeSantis has proposed:
- $12 million to fund his anti-immigrant crusade
- $31 million to fund his dubious and partisan election police.
- $4.5 million to fund anti-abortion fake clinics.
DeSantis wants to defund any governmental entity or educational institution that receives state funds if they:
- Support employees/enrollees/beneficiaries in traveling out of state for abortion care
- Support employees/enrollees/beneficiaries in obtaining gender affirming health care
- Support employees/enrollees/beneficiaries/grantees if they have programming related to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) or Critical Race Theory (CRT) or Environmental and Social Governance (ESG).