Planned Parenthood Affiliates of California is embarking on a bold new program where we are recommending individuals who uphold the mission and vision of the organization while demonstrating a spirit of bold resilience in the fight for reproductive health for positions of leadership within executive branch leadership, agencies, boards, and commissions.
Each candidate must be committed to creating a personally and politically safe climate in which individuals have universal and unfettered accesses to sexual and reproductive health services and are free to follow their own beliefs, values, and moral code when making decisions about these services.
If you are interested in applying or would like to learn more information, please reach out to [email protected]
Candidate Application Process FAQs
What should I do if I am interested in a position of state leadership?
- Identify the position in which you are seeking to serve.
- Apply to the position following the agency specific guidelines usually found on their website or through the governor’s website.
- Fill out and submit the PPAC questionnaire.
- Send an email to [email protected] with your questions referencing the position you are interested in. Include your application and/or materials used in state application process.
- Speak to your affiliate leadership about opportunities and they can also provide more information.
Who will review applicants and how?
- Planned Parenthood Affiliates of California will review your request and will get back to you after having done so.
When will applicants know whether or not they are being recommended for a State leadership position?
- Applicants will know whether or not they are recommended if they receive correspondence from PPAC. All correspondence regarding PPAC will be sourced from [email protected].
When will applicants know whether or not they are being considered for appointment by the State agency?
- PPAC may be able to advocate for you as you apply for your State leadership position. Applicants will need to personally follow-up on their application status with State agency from which the seek appointment.
Should I apply directly to the State agency?
- Yes, you should apply directly to the State agency for which you seek to be appointed.
What can I expect during the PPAC vetting process?
- Once your completed request for recommendation has been received, PPAC will present review your application.
- The qualifications of each candidate will be heavily considered and compared to the priorities of the organization.
What if I have questions or want to make a suggestion to PPAC?
- All relevant questions, comments, or suggestions are welcome and should be sent to [email protected]