On June 24, 2022, the US Supreme Court overturned Roe v Wade. Since then, 18 states have banned abortion, with abortion being completely unavailable in 14 states. At this time, 20 million people have lost access to abortion in their home state, including 1 in 3 women of reproductive age. Abortion is currently safe and legal until 24 weeks in New Hampshire, however, there are currently no protections in place for the right to have an abortion and extreme politicians have made clear they will not stop chipping away at our rights.
New Hampshire must make it clear to its citizens and the nation that it is a state that values privacy, freedom, and individual decision-making by passing the Access to Abortion-care Act.
Here's how you can help pass the Access to Abortion-care Act (AAA) to protect reproductive freedom in New Hampshire:
- Sign our petition to support the Access to Abortion-care Act.
- Sign in to support SB 181 before the public hearing on January 31
- Go here → The New Hampshire State Senate
- Click on January 31
- Select the Committee: Senate Judiciary
- Choose the Bill: 2:00 pm - SB 181
- I am: a member of the public
- Representing: myself
- Indicate Your Position on this Bill: I SUPPORT this bill
- Click "continue" to fill out your personal information
- Sign in to support HB 88 before the public hearing on February 15
- Go here → New Hampshire House of Representatives
- Fill out your personal information
- Click on February 15
- Select the Committee: House Judiciary
- Choose the BIll: HB 88
- I am: A Member of the Public
- I'm Representing: Myself
- Indicate Your Position on this Bill: I Support this Bill
- Follow PPNHAF on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok .
- Reach out to your legislator and tell them you support this legislation.
New Hampshire is one of the most supportive states in the country when it comes to reproductive freedom; the Access to Abortion-care Act (AAA) upholds long-held New Hampshire values by putting into law that the state cannot further interfere in the right to access abortion. This bill does not change any current New Hampshire abortion laws; it does, however, provide critical assurances to Granite State patients and families that they can work with their doctors to get the health care they need in the majority of situations.
The time to protect reproductive rights has never been more critical. Sign our petition to support the Access to Abortion-care Act.