The New Hampshire House of Representatives is considering a bill that would harm LGBTQ+ teens in New Hampshire. A rescheduled public hearing for SB 272 will be held on Tuesday, April 18 at 10 a.m. at the State House in Concord. View actions below to find out how you can get involved; check out 603 Equality and ACLU NH for more information.
SB 272: establishing a parents' bill of rights in education:
- SB 272 would cause negative impacts to LGBTQ+ teens. This bill would erode the trust they have with their educators – with someone who they might trust at school – and could lead educators and schools forcibly outing students to their families before the students might be ready.
- Our schools should protect all students—including LGBTQ students—so they can learn and thrive in a safe environment. The extreme politicians behind these attacks are trying to force schools to violate that most basic trust.
Public hearing rescheduled for Tuesday, April 18 at 10 a.m. in House Education
Sign in to OPPOSE SB 272:
- Click here → House Sign In Submission
- Fill in personal information
- Select Date of the Hearing: April 18
- Select the Committee: House Education
- Choose the Bill: 10:00 am - SB 272
- I am: A Member of the Public
- I’m Representing: Myself
- Indicate Your Position on this Bill: I OPPOSE this bill
- Click Submit