2022 Kansas Midterm Election
State election website: https://sos.ks.gov/elections/elections.html
Voter Registration Deadline
- By Mail (postmarked by) Oct. 18
- In person at local election office Oct. 18
- Online Oct. 18
To Protect Abortion in November:
Since Governor Kelly took office in 2018, she has championed the rights of Kansans by standing firm against anti-abortion legislation that some members of the state legislature have tried to push through. She understands that everyone deserves the right to control their bodies and decide their future. And she knows reproductive rights also affect economic opportunities — both for each individual and the state.
My position on reproductive rights has been clear from the get-go, from the moment I walked onto the Senate floor. I really do believe this is a decision that should be left to a woman and her physician, and not involve politicians.Laura Kelly, 5/25/2022
- As governor, Kelly applauded the defeat of Kansas’ ballot measure: “Kansas stood up for fundamental rights today. We rejected divisive legislation that jeopardized our economic future and put women’s health care access at risk. Together, we’ll continue to make incredible strides to make KS the best state in the nation to live freely and do business.”
- After the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, Gov. Kelly made clear that she opposes, “regressive legislation that interferes with individual freedoms.”
Schmidt came out in support of the ballot measure that was soundly rejected by Kansans in August. He has since tried to backtrack in an effort to gain more votes after a majority of Kansans defeated the anti-abortion amendment. Clearly, Schmidt will prioritize his political gain over protecting the fundamental rights of Kansans.
Kansas voters have decided, their decision has to be respected — which does not mean that the discussion has ended. It will continue as before.Derek Schmidt, 9/10/2022
Source: CJ Online
- During his tenure as attorney general, Schmidt opposed expansion of LGBTQ+ rights in Kansas, such as defending the state's laws against same-sex marriages.
- He has also opposed efforts to decriminalize marijuana in Kansas, and challenged public health orders issued by Gov. Laura Kelly to address the COVID-19 pandemic.
Paid for by Planned Parenthood Great Plains Votes PAC
Sandi Moss, Treasurer