Your donation makes our work possible. Without your support, we wouldn't be able to advocate for our patients and fight for better reproductive and sexual healthcare in Maine. We appreciate gifts of all size - give what works for you.
Our volunteers are the first line of defense for sexual and reproductive health and rights in Maine. We have many volunteer opportunities available, from weekly commitments to one time actions. Here are some ways to get involved:
- Weekly phone banks to call PP supporters and voters about issues we're working on
- Weekly data parties to input support information and patient stories
- Health center advocacy to talk with patients and gather their stories
- Canvassing to talk face-to-face with voters about our work
- Collecting petitions to further our work
- Tabling at events, such as farmers markets
Why do you support Planned Parenthood? Why do you come to PP for your healthcare? Sharing your story helps us further our work and better understand what draws people to this organization, whether as a patient, supporter, or both. Tell us what Planned Parenthood means to you.
Stay up to date on how you can help expand access to quality, affordable sexual and reproductive health care in Maine.
One in five women has trusted Planned Parenthood for health care at some point in their lives. Odds are that everybody knows someone who has benefited from Planned Parenthood. Your shared experiences with Planned Parenthood are an important way to build connections and understanding about the services and value of Planned Parenthood with your friends and family. Unfortunately our work is considered controversial by some, but talking about it can help bust the stigma. Here are some tips for talking about why you support PP:
- Asess your audience – are you safe?
- Be honest and authentic - speak from your personal experience or share someone else's story with their consent
- If you don't know an answer, direct people to our website
- If the person you're talking to becomes defensive, stay calm. Arguing gets us nowhere. If someone objects to abortion, ask them questions - Do you know anyone who's had an abortion? How would you want the situation to be for someone seeking abortion - should they feel safe, comfortable?
Planned Parenthood’s patients are from all walks of life. They are immigrants, Muslim, Black, Latinx, and LGBTQ — and they all deserve access to health care in a safe and welcoming place. Wherever you are, declare your rejection of hate and your solidarity with these communities. Show that you believe every single person is deserving of respect, dignity, and equal rights under the law.
In addition to our volunteer events, Planned Parenthood hosts a number of events throughout Maine. We host movie screenings, story sharing events, roundtable discussions, fundraisers, dance parties with our friends at Speak About It, and other community events. Our events are all listed on our Facebook page, as well as on our website.