Voting on Election Day
Click here for answers to frequently asked questions about voting in New York.
Where to vote
To find the location of your polling place and to check the status of your voter registration visit this site.
Qualifications to register to vote in New York
- Be a U.S. citizen;
- Be 18 years old by December 31 of the year in which you file this form (note: you must be 18 years old by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote);
- Live at your present address at least 30 days before an election;
- Not be in jail or on parole for a felony conviction and;
- Not claim the right to vote anywhere else.
How and where to register in New York
- You can register to vote in person at your county board of elections.
- You can request a voter registration form from the New York State Board of Elections Office.
- You can download a PDF version of the New York State voter registration form in English or Spanish. Once the form is completed, mail it to your county board of elections.