CONCORD - On March 31, 2022, Planned Parenthood of Northern New England made a public commitment to identifying and disrupting discrimination within our organization and in our communities.
This work begins with the following actions and commitments:
- PPNNE will conduct a community survey to identify opportunities for improvement in patient care and work environment. Findings will inform a plan of action.
- PPNNE will find ways to make the work of identifying and addressing institutional ableism sustainable.
- PPNNE will continually build and support a workforce that is at least as diverse as our patient population.
- PPNNE will strive to create more inclusivity and accessibility on our website, digital platforms, trainings, and communications.
- PPNNE will strive to improve care for patients with disabilities/disabled patients.
Statement from Alyssa Antman, Planned Parenthood of Northern New England:
“Planned Parenthood of Northern New England (PPNNE) recognizes ableism as the discrimination and oppression of those with disabilities/disabled people.
We are committed to providing, promoting, and protecting access to sexual and reproductive health care and education through an anti-ableism viewpoint and we are dedicated to supporting all people in making voluntary choices about their health. We cannot have true sexual and reproductive freedom until we acknowledge that ableism is a barrier to quality health care.
This work is a journey and PPNNE will continually strive for improvement. We thank the many self-advocates and organizations who collaborated with us to help develop this statement and these commitments, including ABLE NH, the NH Council on Developmental Disabilities, and Neighborhood Access.”
Planned Parenthood of Northern New England (PPNNE) is the largest provider of reproductive and sexual health care across the State of New Hampshire. We serve New Hampshire residents through 6 health centers in Claremont, Derry, Exeter, Keene, Manchester and White River Junction, VT. Last year we saw more than 10,000 patients at these sites. PPNNE was named a 2021 Guardian of Excellence Award® winner by Press Ganey, the national leader in health care consumer and workforce engagement. Press Ganey recognizes PPNNE as a top-performing health care organization, achieving the 95th percentile or above for performance in patient experience, out of more than 20,000 medical practices.