Planned Parenthood in North Dakota is seeking Campus Outreach Coordinator interns for the 2020-21 school year! This internship is perfect for anyone who is a champion for reproductive health and education, women’s rights, and LGBTQ activism. The position is paid monthly and offers a flexible schedule based around campus and local events. In-person and virtual organizing will be available and dependent on local regulations and university policy relating to COVID.
Application is open to students from all North Dakota colleges and universities! Apply now
Planned Parenthood North Central States (PPNCS) is a trusted provider of affordable reproductive health care services, education, and advocacy for women, men, teens, and families. We are a non-profit community-based organization whose volunteers help fulfill our mission to affirm the human right to reproductive health and freedom.
Under supervision of the ND Grassroots Organizer, Campus Outreach Coordinator interns will carry out several tasks related to recruiting volunteers, educating the public about Planned Parenthood, and implementing outreach activities for college students.
- Health issues facing college students, specifically women and queer individuals
- Knowledge of sexual health programs and non-profit operations
- Network and work with existing and emerging feminist/women's groups on campus
- Research events on campus to table at or participate in
- Recruit and maintain a volunteer base to work at and/or plan events
- Secure and staff ongoing tabling opportunities in the Student Union and other high traffic areas
- Write and submit one letter to the editor (LTE) to the student paper
- Participate in Planned Parenthood Federation of America Day of Action each semester
- Organize one campus event highlighting women's health and/or reproductive issues
- Check in with supervisor regularly via conference calls, emails, texts, etc.
- Basic knowledge of sexual and reproductive health issues
- Successful completion of a background check
- Supports Planned Parenthood's mission
- Minimum of 20 hours per month for one semester
- Must be available some daytime, evening, and weekend hours
- Campus Outreach Coordinator will receive a monthly stipend of $100
Location: North Dakota, various campuses
Questions? Contact Caleb Stubstad, Educator + Organizer, at [email protected] or 701-367-5271.Apply Now