(Harrisburg, Pa.) --- Planned Parenthood PA’s executive director and the CEOs of all three Planned Parenthood affiliates met with newly sworn in Governor Josh Shapiro today to talk about the state of access to abortion care in Pennsylvania and the future to expanding sexual and reproductive health care to everyone who needs it.
Included in today’s meeting were:
- Melissa Reed, CEO Planned Parenthood Keystone
- Sydney Etheredge, CEO of Planned Parenthood of Western PA
- Dayle Steinberg, CEO of Planned Parenthood of Southeastern PA
- Signe Espinoza, Executive Director of Planned Parenthood PA Advocates
“We endorsed Josh Shapiro early in the race last year because he has a record of fighting for sexual and reproductive health care, and having met with him as Governor, we know he’s going to maintain that commitment to our cause,” said Signe Espinoza, executive director of Planned Parenthood PA. “We believe with a champion for reproductive health care in the Governor’s mansion, we can build a future where every Pennsylvanian can access the care they need.”
In their meeting with the Governor, Planned Parenthood asked for:
- Improve access to care for patients regardless of their financial situation
- Remove limitations and hurdles for providers to offer abortion care
- Hold crisis pregnancy centers accountable for misinformation when they are state funded
- Waive onerous and unnecessary testing requirements for clinic patients
Photo included and may be used in your coverage!
For more information on PPPA and access to abortion care in Pennsylvania, please visit our website.
MEDIA CONTACT: Brittany Crampsie, 717 712 3480
ABOUT PLANNED PARENTHOOD PENNSYLVANIA ADVOCATES
Planned Parenthood Pennsylvania Advocates (PPPA) exists to create a Pennsylvania where sexual and reproductive healthcare, including abortion, is accessible, affordable, and affirming for all. We achieve this, in partnership with the 3 Planned Parenthood affiliates in Pennsylvania, through electoral and advocacy campaigns, lobbying, and organizing.