Planned Parenthood NYC Votes PAC is a trusted voice and messenger among voters. Our experience as a health care provider and educator gives us well-earned credibility among activists, voters and elected officials.
Supporting PPNYC Votes PAC is the smartest political investment you can make: your dollars support progressive policies, candidates who share our values, and the PPNYC Votes PAC team that fearlessly holds elected officials accountable!
With a 95% win rate for endorsed candidates and an aggressive, multifaceted electoral program, PPGNY Votes PAC played a major role in flipping the New York State Senate in 2018. This led to a pro-sexual and reproductive health and rights legislature for the first time in New York State. We invested heavily in successfully flipping the most competitive seats, where the margin of victory was often under 1,000 votes.
In 2019, we were reminded again and again why we do this work—why who is in office matters and changes lives. As a direct result of our work in the 2018 election cycle, we celebrated major legislative victories—bills that had been languishing for years.
We passed the Reproductive Health Act to help ensure New Yorkers’ right to access safe, legal abortion and to make their own health care decisions, regardless of what happens on the federal level. This, plus passage of the Comprehensive Contraceptive Coverage Act, the Boss Bill, GENDA, the conversion therapy ban, and the maternal mortality review board, solidifies New York State as the progressive leader we always knew we could be.
Big wins create big targets for our opponents, and we’re under attack more than we’ve been in a long time. Now we need to defend our prior victories and continue the fight to build progress and a just government for everyone. Together—with the help of dedicated New Yorkers like you—real progress is possible.
- Protect the seats we flipped in 2018 to defend our legislative victories and build on them.
- Maintain a pro-reproductive health state senate majority to ensure fair redistricting in 2020 and prevent the egregious gerrymandering that has happened throughout the state.
- Aggressively pursue new state senate seats to bolster our majority.
- Defend congressional wins and maintain NYC’s status as having all pro-sexual and reproductive rights congressional members.
- Support canvassing operations in neighboring states for the 2020 general election.