Planned Parenthood Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Planned Parenthood Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota Action Fund maintain a strict policy of non-engagement with opposition protesters.
As a supporter of Planned Parenthood we ask that you:
- Strictly avoid engaging in conversation or any verbal exchange with protesters. This includes instructing them regarding what they can or cannot do. It is of the utmost importance that we do not contribute to volatility in front of our health centers and that it is absolutely clear to law enforcement that the behavior of individuals associated with us is calm and above reproach.
- Tell a staff member or security personnel if you see activity you believe is illegal or unsafe. Note that it is NOT illegal for protesters to photograph patients, staff, and volunteers.
- Avoid being in physical proximity with protesters. There have been multiple instances of assault charges being brought by protesters over inadvertent physical contact.
- Let a staff person know right away if you have any kind of encounter with a protester. They will ask you to record the nature of the incident so we have it on record.
- Direct all media inquiries to [email protected] or 651-755-9557.
Above all else, we ask our supporters to focus on what matters most—Planned Parenthood patients—and do not engage with opposition.
While at the event, if you see any suspicious items or violations of the non-engagement policy, please notify security staff immediately.