Who can sign up for insurance through MNsure?
You can purchase health insurance through MNsure if you are a Minnesota resident who is a US citizen, US resident, or lawfully present.
When can you sign up?
- If you qualify for Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare, you can enroll at any time during the year.
- If you have a life-changing event (birth of a child, marriage, loss of employer-sponsored insurance) you may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
- Open enrollment runs from November 1, 2016 to January 31, 2017. During this time, Minnesotans can purchase affordable health insurance using Minnesota’s state marketplace at MNsure.org.
How can you sign up?
You can always visit MNsure.org. But even better, Planned Parenthood's MNsure-certified Navigators can answer your questions and help you sign up for an affordable health insurance plan—for FREE! Check out ppmns.org/healthinsurance for more information.
What’s so great about ObamaCare?
- Free Birth Control – No co-pay, no co-insurance and no deductible for birth control.
- Tax Credits – You may qualify for a tax subsidy to help lower your premium.
- Cancer Screenings – No co-pay, no co-insurance, and no deductible for preventative breast and cervical cancer screenings.
What happens if I don’t have health insurance?
The bad news: You will be subject to a fine. If you don’t get insured, you will probably have to pay a fine of $695 (per person without insurance in your household, and $347.50 per child) — or 2.5% of your yearly income, whichever is more.
The good news: Whether or not you have health insurance, you can always come to Planned Parenthood for the care you need. No. Matter. What.