Trump's endorsement is a clear sign that a candidate is a threat to our rights and access to care.
The apples of their eyes are candidates who boast long records of voting to restrict our reproductive rights and access to health care.
Trump, Pence, Trump Jr., and Ryan's official anti-women's health campaign trail has included stops in Minnesota to help elect Karin Housley, Jeff Johnson, Jim Hagedorn, Jason Lewis, Erik Paulsen, and Pete Stauber—all Republican candidates who support dangerous health care policies that will compromise access to care for people with pre-existing conditions and who want to restrict access to safe, legal abortion.
Trump and his proxies are campaigning for candidates who will help further the administration’s anti-women’s health agenda.
Since day one, the Trump-Pence administration made close allies out of Republicans in Congress, who’ve helped push policy after policy to strip us of our basic health and rights. That includes:
- Trying to impose a dangerous “gag rule” designed to block millions of people from care at Planned Parenthood health centers;
- Voting to repeal the Affordable Care Act (ACA), including stripping protections for millions of people with pre-existing conditions and gutting Medicaid;
- Working to erase civil rights protections for LGBTQ people;
- Trying to allow employers to deny birth control coverage to their employees;
- Allowing states to “defund” Planned Parenthood, which would block millions of patients from accessing reproductive health services like STD testing, cancer screening, and birth control;
- Trying to cut funding for sex education and push harmful and ineffective abstinence-only programs.
November 6 is fast approaching.
November 6 is fast approaching. Now is the time to unite, show our power, and make sure all of us have the right and opportunity to live full, healthy lives. Minnesota must elect candidates who will fight to make sure everyone gets the health care they want or need.