After Your Abortion Access House Party
You did it! Pat yourself on the back, and follow these tips to wrap up your party right.
1. Follow up and thank attendees.
- Reach out to everyone who came to your party and thank them for coming and having a great conversation! In your follow up, check in to see what they’re hearing from the friends they reached out to about attending decision day events.
- Be sure to send a huge thank you to your helper if you had one.
Share the photos/screenshots you took with your guests!
2. Close out your event in the Planned Parenthood Hub and celebrate your success.
- Return to your event on the Planned Parenthood Hub and mark everyone who showed up to your event by viewing the event page and clicking on “Attendees.” Choose the status of each RSVP using the dropdown to the right of their name.
- This is important to demonstrate the success of your event! It’s a welcome way to brag about all of your hard work.
3. Send any questions, pictures, or success stories to [email protected].
For more information:
This teach-in toolkit has additional resources and guidance for planning an event, including a sample agenda and guidance on accessibility.
Hosting a teach-in is similar to hosting an abortion access house party.