New Polling From Planned Parenthood Shows Strong Support for Abortion Care Access in New Mexico
By Planned Parenthood Votes New Mexico | March 11, 2020, 9:24 p.m.
Newly released polling confirms: keeping abortion care between a patient and their health care provider is extremely popular in New Mexico.
Recent polling by Research & Polling, Inc released on February 18th found registered Democrats in Senate Districts 5, 23, and 38 strongly support access to abortion care.
- About two-thirds of registered Democrats in District 5 and over 80% in District 38 and District 23 want to keep abortion care legal by removing the outdated 1969 statute that bans abortion care in the state.
- Over half in District 5 and District 23 and over two-thirds in District 38 said they would be less likely to support a legislator who voted to take away access to abortion care.
- Two-thirds in District 5 and District 23 and over 84% in District 38 agreed women should have access to affordable abortion care.
- Over 80% in District 5 and District 23 and over 89% in District 38 agreed legislators can hold their own opinions on abortion and still believe a woman and her family should be able to make decisions about abortion without government interference.
- Over 70% in District 5 and over 80% in District 38 held favorable views of Planned Parenthood.