The TL;DR: People want health care
Sexual and reproductive health is super important to the vast majority of Americans — across the country people support more, not less, access to services.
Don’t believe me? Here’s what the polls say:
- About 8 in 10 adults believe abortion is personal — a decision best made between a woman and her doctor.
- 85% of Americans want abortion to be legal. Let me say that again: 85% of the people in this country believe abortion should be legal.
- Today, 64% of U.S. adults say they oppose the 2022 Supreme Court decision to take away our federal constitutional right to abortion by overturning Roe v Wade.
The vast majority of people want access to birth control.
- 89% of Americans support legal access to birth control pills.
- 71% of voters believe people should be able to get over-the-counter birth control pills.
- 91% of voters believe that if abortion is banned, birth control should be free and widely available.
Mostly everyone in the country wants legal sexual and reproductive health services — and they want that care to be easy to get.
You might be wondering: Why do politicians across the country want to cut access and make this so hard? Simple. It’s because their goal is to control your body and your decisions — and punish people (mainly women — no surprise) for having sex.
They're out of touch with the American people, who agree: You should be making your own decisions about your body and you ought to have the freedom to get the care you need to do so. Period.