Today, Donald Trump has reaffirmed his commitment to overturning Roe v. Wade and pursuing an extremist anti-abortion agenda — just as he promised anti-abortions activists he would do when he met with them last week.
“Donald Trump has been clear from the beginning — he wants to overturn Roe v. Wade, and said he believes a woman should be ‘punished’ if she has an abortion.
Last week, Donald Trump met with some of the most extreme anti-abortion activists in the country, including one who has ties to violent anti-abortion activists and thinks executing doctors who perform abortions should be legal.
Trump’s remarks today should send a shiver down the spine of anyone who believes women should have access to safe, legal abortion. Electing Trump means he will fight to take away the very rights the Supreme Court just ruled this week are constitutional and necessary health care.”
– Dawn Laguens, Executive Vice President, Planned Parenthood Action Fund
- What Troy Newman, Anti-Abortion Extremist, Thinks About Donald Trump: 'He's Our Man'
- Donald Trump Meets With Anti-Abortion Extremists
- How Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump Compare in One Epic Chart
- Trump Says He's the Best Chance to Overturn Roe v. Wade, Yet His Aide Says He's 'Pro-Women'